Sunday

Män som hatar kvinnor (2009)

Män som hatar kvinnor, or in english - The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo - is about Mikael Blomkvist, a journalist who gets hired to solve a 40 year old mystery. A girl went missing and no one found out what happend to her, her uncle who has been working on the case ever since she disapeared has grown old and therefore ask Mr.Blomkvist for help. Mikael, together with Lisbeth, a hacker, tries to break the mystery.

When this movie came out, I boycotted it. I thought it would be like most swedish criminal movies. A older man/woman - a unsolved mystery/murder - he tries to solve it and gets into alot of trouble... They are all the same, Wallander - Beck - Johan Falk. When people told me that I really should see this  movie and that it was really good and the grading it got was very good as well, I did not believe it. But now two years later I've seen it! And it was good. It stuck out from the usual "line" as I mentioned before. Not one of my favorite movies but it was watchable. Though I have to say Noomi Rapace, who played the female main roll, was fantastic! One of the best swedish actresses for a long time! Even though she was splendied and the movie was slightly different I'll only give it a +3/5!

This winter 2011, for you don't like watching foreign movies or movies in a different language than english, an american version will be realesed with Daniel Craig in the main roll as Mikael Blomkvist. And the director is David Fincher, who has directed one of my favorite movies - Fight Club! I'm don't sure if the movie will be better just because it's in english and to be honest I'm not sure Daniel Craig is right for the part as Mikael Blomkvist either but I am acctually looking forward to comparing the swedish original with the american copy!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment