Saturday

After Life (2009)

After a terrible car accident, Anna wakes up in a morgue to find a man, Eliot Deacon, preparing her body for her own funeral. Anna, who is confused and scared and feeling very much alive, do not believe that she is dead. The funeral diractor Eliot explains to her that he as a gift to talk to the dead and that she passed away in the accident and is in the process of passing over to the world of the dead. Locked in the morgue and with no one else to turn to except for Eliot, Anna is forced to confront her deepest fears and accept her death. In the meanwhile Anna´s grieving boyfriend Paul, starts to suspect that Eliot is not who he claims to be. And as the date of Anna´s funeral approach, Paul comes closer to the shocking truth, but is it to late?

A different, confusing and thrilling movie. I really liked this one. I couldn´t predict anything which is very unusual for me. Though I have to say it was a little boring in the middle so you have to have patience when watching this movie. Liam Neeson and Justin Long were splendid and I am really impressed of the director Agnieszka Wojtowicz-Vosloo, whom I never heard of before this movie. Maybe not too surprising, she has, according to IMDB, only made one short movie before this one called Pâté. Now back to this movie, as I said I like it and I give it a 4/5! A great debut movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment