Tuesday

The Strangers (2008)

The Strangers, which is inspired by real events, is about Kristen McKay (Liv Tyler) and James Hoyt (Scott Speedman) who´s going to spend thier summer vacation at the country house which is far from the civilization. The same night they arrive there are someone knocking on thier door. When anwsering it three strangers, hidden behind masks, breaks in to the house and the couple have to fight with all thier might to surive.

I usually don´t find thriller or horror movies exciting because I´m very good at knowing what´s next to come but this film were different. The only reason I can think of why it caught my intrerst is because, as I mentioned before, it´s based on real events which made it so mush more interesting.
I like knowing how people think and why they act in a specific way. And I just couldn´t find the reason to why those three weirdos would do something like that too two innocent people.

As for the actors... I was impressed with Liv Tyler. I only knew her from the Lord of the Rings movies and from a few drama/comedy movies as well but I had never seen her in a thriller/horror movie. And I thought she did a very good job!
I can´t say much about Scott Speedman becasue I´ve only seen him in Underworld but what I can say is that I thought that he too did a good job.

Should you see it? Yes I think you should. The movie shows you how sick people really can be.

Grade: 4 of 5


For more facts go to: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482606/



 

No comments:

Post a Comment